I always had a hard time getting in a decent breakfast in the morning while at school, let alone a good one. I either found breakfast to be to bland and boring, or I didn’t have enough time to make something. So here are some quick, simple and yummy meals to make in the morning, and some to prepare ahead of time – to start your day off right.
- Eggo’s – As quick as they are to make by putting them in the toaster, I just always found them too plain to eat in the morning. I started putting my favourite kind of Jam on them and it certainly changed that for me. You can also try peanut butter, nutella, or honey.
- Yogurt – Again yogurt was something that was just too bland for me to eat in the morning. I started added “honey bunch oats cereal” to it and this added some depth.
- Banana Bites (At least that’s what I call them) – These take a little more effort, and its best to do it the night before but it’s wicked easy.
You’ll need: 1 banana (I let them get a little soft) ½ cup of old fashioned oats, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1-2 table spoons of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with tin foil
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add cinnamon, chocolate chips and oats. (You may also want to try adding walnuts, or peanut butter)
- Stir until combined and at an even consistency
- Form small balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Muffins – I usually just buy the Quaker muffin mix and follow the directions on it, from there I add cut up apple pieces to the muffin mix and let them bake for the allotted time. Most of the muffins ask for X cups of water, sometimes instead I’ll add one cup of left over coffee. It adds a nice taste! I usually get 6-8 muffins out of a batch, which provides me with lots for the next few days.
Hope you try some of these and enjoy them as much as I do!
Let me know your tricks to improve simple breakfast foods in the comments below?